Friday, March 31, 2006

Might-have-beens

The day I graduated from high school, I felt Im the coolest guy to hit town. I felt the man inside me is finally coming out. Its time to put my matchboxes and robots in a box so my future son can enjoy it too. Its time for fashion, time for girls, for alcoholic drinks. Time to take over the world.

But first, what career will I take? My childhood dream was to become a Doctor. But as I was growing up, my interest in medicine diminished. My second choice was to become an Engineer, a very popular choice at that time. My problem was, what kind? Electrical? Civil? Industrial? There are so many. It took me another 2 years to finally settle down on a career path. I have decided to become a programmer and a systems analyst. Thanks to PATTS as they injected two computer literacy subjects in their curriculum the same year I was lost in a maze thinking I could become an aircraft pilot.

So, I finally answered my true calling. But was it?

I have no regrets whatsoever in my chosen career. I love what I do and Im very proud of my job. I have worked for several companies. This is truly the right path for me.

Today as I look back on the choices I made, I wonder on the might-have-beens.

I could have been a lawyer, I have a natural gift for reasoning and twisting an issue.

I could have been a psychiatrist , I can understand human behavior and give out sensible advices.

I could have been a politician, I wanted to be rich (hahaha...)

There are so many might-have-beens, countless.

Is it too late to explore? Is it unrealistic to change lanes? A friend who thought he's smart once told me its a waste of time but I believe otherwise. Time will tell.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home