Friday, March 31, 2006

Might-have-beens

The day I graduated from high school, I felt Im the coolest guy to hit town. I felt the man inside me is finally coming out. Its time to put my matchboxes and robots in a box so my future son can enjoy it too. Its time for fashion, time for girls, for alcoholic drinks. Time to take over the world.

But first, what career will I take? My childhood dream was to become a Doctor. But as I was growing up, my interest in medicine diminished. My second choice was to become an Engineer, a very popular choice at that time. My problem was, what kind? Electrical? Civil? Industrial? There are so many. It took me another 2 years to finally settle down on a career path. I have decided to become a programmer and a systems analyst. Thanks to PATTS as they injected two computer literacy subjects in their curriculum the same year I was lost in a maze thinking I could become an aircraft pilot.

So, I finally answered my true calling. But was it?

I have no regrets whatsoever in my chosen career. I love what I do and Im very proud of my job. I have worked for several companies. This is truly the right path for me.

Today as I look back on the choices I made, I wonder on the might-have-beens.

I could have been a lawyer, I have a natural gift for reasoning and twisting an issue.

I could have been a psychiatrist , I can understand human behavior and give out sensible advices.

I could have been a politician, I wanted to be rich (hahaha...)

There are so many might-have-beens, countless.

Is it too late to explore? Is it unrealistic to change lanes? A friend who thought he's smart once told me its a waste of time but I believe otherwise. Time will tell.

Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger markprice5488904763 said...

While you read this, YOU start to BECOME aware of your surroundings, CERTIAN things that you were not aware of such as the temperature of the room, and sounds may make YOU realize you WANT a real college degree.

Call this number now, (413) 208-3069

Get an unexplained feeling of joy, Make it last longer by getting your COLLEGE DEGREE. Just as sure as the sun is coming up tomorrow, these College Degree's come complete with transcripts, and are VERIFIABLE.

You know THAT Corporate America takes advantage of loopholes in the system. ITS now YOUR turn to take advantage of this specific opportunity, Take a second, Get a BETTER FEELING of joy and a better future BY CALLING this number 24 hours a day.
(413) 208-3069

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home